I'm not much of a wine drinker (gimme all the pina coladas), but I am SO excited about releasing my new wine labels! They are perfect to ask the wine lovers in your life to be your bridesmaid, or to thank them for hosting your bridal shower, or to celebrate your own engagement! They can be personalized to whatever you'd like and with the new launch happening next week, I'll have over 80 options for you. (Divided up into four different categories so it's not too overwhelming for you! 😉)
So, if you've got your wine labels at the ready, you may be wondering how in the world to put them on. Never fear - it's super easy to do in only five steps.
- kitchen sink or bucket
- hot, soapy water
- your wine bottle(s)
- an old gift card or other hard scraper
1. Fill up your kitchen sink or bucket with hot, soapy water. Use a dish detergent for best results. It'll really soak into the label and help it ease off!
2. Submerge the wine bottle fully into the sink or bucket. Make sure the label is completely under water. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour.
3. Pull out your wine bottle and pat dry. Start to scrape it off with your old gift card or other hard scraper that works for you. Depending on the adhesion used for the label, you may need to re-submerge your wine bottle for a little bit longer. I ended up keeping mine in the sink for 45 minutes.
4. After you've wiped it clean, there will most likely still be some goopy adhesive left. Mine was not very pretty! Use some GooGone (I used the spray gel kind from Target) and allow it to soak into the adhesive for a minute or two. Wipe clean with a rag!
5. Once you have it all cleaned off, peel off your new wine label and carefully adhere it to the bottle. And you're finished!